Some suggestions for things to do..
Ardara– Irish: “Ard an Rátha” meaning “Height of the Fort” – pronounced “Ardra”) – http://ardara.ie/about-ardara/
- Walks around Ardara
- Guided walks & hikes available – check out walkonthewildside FB page
- Beautiful local walks
- Ownea River loop + Ownea bridge standing stone
- Drumbarron – Woodhill – Biodiversity Lane (via Moagh for a longer walk)
- Sheskinmore Nature Reserve – Sandfield
- Assaranca waterfall
- Maghera beach
- Maghera Beach & caves via Assaranca waterfall(10 min)
- Note: Essential to consider time tides to visit caves. Not a swimming beach. This is a narrow country road with stunning scenery.
- World Famous Handwoven Tweed &Knitwear– Wander around the shops of Ardara to check out at source Donegal’s famous handwoven tweeds and knitwear
- Food / coffee / pub–Graze over food, coffee or Guinness in one of Ardara’s establishments! Ask us for more details.
- Bikes – hire bikes to explore the local scenic routes – https://www.donbyrnebikes.com/
- Pitch N Putt Sandfield – (5 min)
Narin / Portnoo / Rosbeg
- Kilclooney Dolmen (8 min) – Neolithic monument dates to between 4000-3000BC
- Narin Blue Flag beach (12 min) – 2kms long – Beach Day / Swim / Kayak / SUP / Snorkel
- Golf at Narin/Portnoo Golf links (12 min) – 18 hole golf course https://narinandportnoolinks.com/
- Food / coffee / pub – Brews / fish & chips / G&T’s available in the locality!
- Rosbeg via Portnoo – Drive the stunning route from Narin – Portnoo – Rosbeg – Ardara
Note: Snorkel at Rosbeg Pier. Check out Dawros Bay House for meals. Stop at Tramore Beach for a stunning walk (not a swimming beach). This is a narrow country route.
Sliabh Liag(35 min)– Ireland’s highest sea cliffs – http://www.sliabhliag.com/
Glencolmcille(30 min) – Folk village (http://www.glenfolkvillage.com/
Silver Strand(40 min) – Stunning beach framed by horse shoe shaped cliffs (Note: 174 steps down to beach)
Glenveagh National Park (60 min)
Mount Errigal – Highest Peak in Donegal (50 min)
Gola island (50 min) – By boat or kayak (from Magheragallon)
Owey island (40 min) – By kayak (from Cruit island)
Inishbofin island (60 min) – By boat (from Magheraroarty)
Carrickfinn Blue Flag Beach(50 min)
Carrickfinn Airport (50 min)
Donegal Town (25 min)
Killybegs (15 min)
Glenties (12 min)